Traditional Asian Values for Traditional Asian Men
I was raised with very traditional Asian values:
- Don’t take any risks. It’s better to keep quiet and just keep a low profile and survive.
- Don’t express your sexuality. That includes the way you carry yourself, interact with women, and dress.
- Don’t allow yourself to be open and honest about your feelings (whether they be positive or negative). Hide your emotions at all costs, and definitely don’t express direct sexual interest in a woman.
While I’m certain that these values work wonders in the dating scene in Asia, they are extremely counter-productive here in the US. In this youtube video, you basically get an accurate depiction of how the mass-majority of Asian American men approach Asian American women here in the US.
If you can, for a moment, please put aside your ego and observe the core principles being conveyed in this video. You’ll find that when they describe the way Asian American men approach women, they more or less follow the above 3 principles I described. Again, totally disastrous in the modern day dating world in the U.S. But there’s something you can do about it! Sign up for your ABCs of Attraction bootcamp and learn how to romantically connect with women.
When I took my ABCs of Attraction bootcamp, I learned:
- How to take risks. I have found that every time I go up to a new girl and try to talk to her, I’m taking a risk. Great risks have given me great rewards, and I’ve found that it’s all about how much I’m willing to put my ego on the line.
- Express my sexuality. That includes the way I carry myself, interact with women, and dress. The ABCs of Attraction certified coaches and instructors have shown me how to do this in a way that is up-front and honest with a girl, but not creepy or needy.
- How to be open with my own feelings, whether they be good or bad. I no longer feel embarrassed about expressing myself.